11/27/2009

Swined etc.

Well we have all been swined here at house Ellani. That is my term for having H1N1. Ther eis something so tedious and frustrating about being ill. We aren't completely out of the woods yet: my cough is still pretty nasty and little E. is still coughing quite a bit...aparently there is a higher risk for pneumonia with this thing.
This week, there were only 9 kids in A's kindergarten group on Monday; 4 on Tuesday. The numbers have been slowly increasing since then. Today they were up to 12...out of 22 total. For some reason the little ones all seem to be bouncing back faster than the bigger kids. E's nursery school group were down to 4 on Monday and back up to 8 on Tuesday (from 10).
...
Reading The Women by TC Boyle--a fictional account of Frank Lloyd Wright and his various wives and mistresses. What bugs me most at the moment is the photo on the cover which is clearly from Taliesin West or some other jaunt to the American Southwest. But the book takes place almost exclusively in the original Taliesin in Wisconsin. Evry time I pick up the book, I see the picture and think desert Southwest only to find myself immersed in the rolling green of Wisonsin. I never thought I made much of cover art (unless it was particularly ugly), but it is much more powerful than I thought. I guess it would be like putting a spaceship on the cover of a Jane Austen novel.

No comments: